VILLAGES NOT TO BE MISSED
Are you looking for a picturesque village?
DISCOVER OUR CHARMING ARDECHE
Stroll along the Ardèche village lanes to discover their rich, unique heritage.
You’ll be in the perfect location when you stay at the Rives d’Arc – just a stone’s throw from the Gorges de l’Ardèche, the Pont d'Arc, the Aven d'Orgnac caves and also close to three of our prettiest villages.
BALAZUC – ONE OF THE PRETTIEST VILLAGES IN FRANCE
Visit Balazuc, just 20 minutes by car from your accommodation. This small medieval village has been listed as a French “Village of Character” and “One of the Prettiest Villages in France”.
Balazuc clings to a cliff overhanging the River Ardèche, as if suspended on the rocks. Inside the village, there are numerous stone houses, each right next to the other, cobbled lanes, archways and secret little passages, as well as plenty of artisan shops and boutiques.
THINGS TO DO AT BALAZUC
- Stroll along the lanes
- Enjoy the beach and a refreshing dip
- Go to the Romanesque church for a fantastic rooftop view
- Visit the evening market on Tuesdays from 6 to 8 pm (July and August)
- Visit the Viel Audon hamlet
- Explore the Ardèche Museum, with its unique collection of fossils
LABEAUME – AN OASIS OF COOL IN THE ARDECHE SCRUBLAND
Come and discover the small village of Labeaume, right at the heart of the Gorges de Labeaume and surrounded by ancient limestone cliffs
This charming village nestled on the riverbank shelters its tightly packed shingle houses along narrow lanes and little alleys, brimming with secrets
THINGS TO DO AT LABEAUME
- Visit the hanging gardens of Récatadou alongside the river
- Take a dip in one of the region’s prettiest rivers
- Climb up to Belvédère to admire the breathtaking view over the village and the river
- See Labeaume’s submersible bridge
- Stroll along the lanes and alleys
- Discover the hamlet of Chapias
VOGÜÉ - A CHARMING LITTLE VILLAGE
About thirty minutes from the Rives D’Arc camp site, you’ll find Vogüé – listed as one of the “Prettiest Villages in France”.
Vogüé is a small village set against a cliff, on the banks of the River Ardèche. The castle of Vogüé overlooks the village with its flower-lined lanes, stone archways and warm-coloured medieval houses.
Set off in search of rue des Puces otherwise known as the narrowest road in all of France!
THINGS TO DO AT VOGÜÉ
- Visit Vogüé castle
- Go to the beach to take a dip or do some canoeing. This is the starting point for white water rafting on the River Ardèche
- Go to the Chapelle Saint-Cerice built into the rock itself, to enjoy the view over the village
- Take a bike ride along the Via Ardèche greenway that starts in Vogüé
- Stroll through the old village of Vogüé
- Discover the Church of Sainte-Marie with its architecture that’s typical to the Ardèche region